Some CAD news that landed in my inbox recently:
- This year’s SketchUp modeling competition for students has nothing to do with campuses. Google wants you to model a bridge over your favourite crossing instead. Deadline is June 15, 2009.
- Another competition has been announced by Dwell Magazine together with Volkswagen. For this one, you can use SketchUp to re-design your favorite object. Deadline for the first phase is very soon (March 31st).
- This one’s also true for the rest of Autodesk software: The new versions are out! For example, Revit 2010 can be found here. and the new features are here. As always, I will likely have to wait a while until we get the academic license…
Rhino / Grasshopper:
- LIFT architects (Andrew Payne of LIFT and Rajaa Issa of McNeel to be exact) have published the second edition of their free Grasshopper Primer. This book was written for the latest version (0.6) and includes scripting.
- There’s one more: A book by an architecture student from London: “Algorithmic Modeling with Grasshopper“. Download here…