This is a specialized dictionary for timber engineering terms. It currently contains approx. 1000 timber engineering and general engineering terms.
I originally created this during my studies at the University of British-Columbia as a way to learn the technical language. It is published here in the hope that it will be useful for others, too.
English – German
Deutsch – Englisch
My thanks goes to Dr. Helmut Prion at the University of British Columbia for his revisions.
- Glossare & Lexika (German site) – A very large collection of technical dictionaries and glossaries in many languages.
- Holz und Holzbau Wörterbuch (English, German, French) – Holz.de
- Wood Dictionary (German, English, French, Italian) – From the European Federation of Timber Construction.
- Wörterbuch Konstruktiver Ingenieurbau (English, German) – General structural engineering dictionary.
- Light Framing Glossary (English) – Journal of Light Construction
- Wood Glossary (English) – FPL Wood Handbook (PDF)
- Brick terminology (English) – Not related to wood but still interesting
- Glossary – Carpentry and Joinery Glossary from the UK
This dictionary is © 2002-2007 Alexander Schreyer, Last content update: 30.10.2002 Currently, this dictionary is available in English and German. If anyone wants to add more languages or notices any errors, please comment below and I will get in touch with you.