I blog regularly about timber engineering topics. Visit the Timber Engineering category on my blog to read current posts on this topic. The following are the latest posts:
- How much abuse can Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) take?
- Opening of T3 building continues recent mass timber building trend: Six examples
- Merry Christmas, Joyful Holidays, and a Happy New Year 2016!
- Building a Wood-Concrete Composite Bench with CLTs
- Merry Christmas, Joyful Holidays, and a Happy New Year 2015!
- Amazing SketchUp Timber Frame Modeling
- Interesting paper: “Comparison of life cycle assessment databases: A case study on building assessment”
- How Feasible is Tall Wood?
- “Urban Timber” Exhibit at the BSA Showcases Contemporary Wood Architecture
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year 2014!
This world-wide directory of web links related to wood construction and timber engineering (“Holzbau” in German) is designed as an edited but open central node for professionals, academics, students or the general public to quickly find information related to this exciting topic.
To submit a link, use the comment form on the bottom of the most appropriate page.
Please note: This directory is currently not being maintained while I am looking for other ways to maintain such information.
Timber Engineering Web Search
Use the search box above to do a Google search of several predefined websites – all which are related to timber engineering. The current list of searched sites is: proholz.at, fpl.fs.fed.us, forestprod.org, wooduniversity.org, apawood.org, tfguild.org, cwc.ca, awc.org, forumholzbau.com, infoholz.de, holz.de and this one.
Timber Engineering Case Studies
In this series of posts I infrequently showcase photos of wooden buildings that I have visited in my travels. You can find the complete list here:
Timber Engineering Dictionary
This German-English, English-German dictionary currently contains approx. 1000 timber engineering and general engineering terms. There is also a list of other related dictionaries for more languages.