Timber Engineering Reference
This world-wide directory of web links related to wood construction and timber engineering (“Holzbau” in German) is designed as an edited but open central node for professionals, academics, students or the general public to quickly find information related to this exciting topic.
To submit a link, use the comment form on the bottom of the most appropriate page.
Use the search box above to do a Google search of several predefined websites – all which are related to timber engineering. The current list of searched sites is: proholz.at, fpl.fs.fed.us, forestprod.org, wooduniversity.org, apawood.org, tfguild.org, cwc.ca, awc.org, forumholzbau.com, infoholz.de, holz.de and this one.
Visit the Timber Engineering category on my blog to read current posts on this topic. These are the latest posts:
- Merry Christmas, Joyful Holidays, and a Happy New Year 2016!
- Building a Wood-Concrete Composite Bench with CLTs
- Merry Christmas, Joyful Holidays, and a Happy New Year 2015!
- Amazing SketchUp Timber Frame Modeling
- Interesting paper: “Comparison of life cycle assessment databases: A case study on building assessment”
- How Feasible is Tall Wood?
- “Urban Timber” Exhibit at the BSA Showcases Contemporary Wood Architecture
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year 2014!
- SOM gets on Board with Tall Wood
- 2013 US Wood Design Award Winners
You can find the complete list here:
Wood Design Photo Series
This German-English, English-German dictionary currently contains approx. 1000 timber engineering and general engineering terms. There is also a list of other related dictionaries for more languages.